- Dave "Wendy's" Thomas born (1932)
Oreos Get Fruitier With New Limeade Flavor and More
OreoLimeade Oreos are the next big thing in innovative cookies.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
- Judge’s Ruling May Kill Sysco-US Food Merger
- Would You Bathe with Beer? One Brand Hopes You Will
Last summer, Oreo released their hot pink watermelon flavor, and this summer it’s lime’s turn. Oreo has begun rolling out limeade flavors of “milk’s favorite cookie,” joining a host of other flavors Oreo has experimented with recently, including lemon and berry. The limeade Oreo contains a tart lime-flavored crème that according to one reviewer, “tastes like lime Skittles,” between two vanilla Oreo cookies.
Sound gross? Surprisingly, even though the unusual treat sounds kind of odd, reviewers and consumers who have been lucky enough to catch limeade Oreos at their local supermarket have generally given the cookie favorable reviews. “It was a crème but had almost a candy-like sweetness, with just the right amount of tang and tart on the backend ,”wrote Junk Food Guy, and Consumerist called it “your refreshing summer cookie.”
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts