Oreos Get Fruitier With New Limeade Flavor and More
Recipe of the day
- Are Hydrox Cookies, the Original Oreo, Really Coming Back?
- Triscuit Flavors: How Many Are There?
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
Last summer, Oreo released their hot pink watermelon flavor, and this summer it’s lime’s turn. Oreo has begun rolling out limeade flavors of “milk’s favorite cookie,” joining a host of other flavors Oreo has experimented with recently, including lemon and berry. The limeade Oreo contains a tart lime-flavored crème that according to one reviewer, “tastes like lime Skittles,” between two vanilla Oreo cookies.
Sound gross? Surprisingly, even though the unusual treat sounds kind of odd, reviewers and consumers who have been lucky enough to catch limeade Oreos at their local supermarket have generally given the cookie favorable reviews. “It was a crème but had almost a candy-like sweetness, with just the right amount of tang and tart on the backend ,”wrote Junk Food Guy, and Consumerist called it “your refreshing summer cookie.”
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts