McDonald’s Customer’s Shocking Discovery Gets a Worker Fired
Recipe of the day
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
- 5 Crazy Things Restaurants Have Done with Chicken Wings
When you go to McDonald’s, you expect to get a healthy dosage of fat and carbs, not a mouthful of fascism. A McDonald’s worker in North Carolina was fired recently when a customer found a swastika symbol drawn in butter on her chicken sandwich. McDonald’s immediately fired the worker, and gave the woman her money back, but Charleigh Matice, who was the victim of this very crude “prank,” said that it wasn’t even remotely funny, and that the incident should be part of McDonald’s employee sensitivity training programs.
“We do not tolerate that kind of behavior at McDonald's, and it's not what we stand for personally as owners,” said Dulcy Purcell, the owner of the North Carolina McDonald’s in question. “It is about providing the best level of service and care to our customers, and anything less than that is unacceptable to us.”
Despite her outrage, Matice said that she plans to continue eating at McDonald’s.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts