Introducing Ansel's New Creation: Sweet Corn Blackberry Cake
Recipe of the day
- Modern GC Marketplace Opens on Los Angeles’ Cahuenga Boulevard
- The Edge Steakhouse Provides a Feast for the Eyes and the Palate at the Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
- Classic Steakhouse The Palm Relocates to Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Hotel, Hotel Bel-Air Offer Romantic Valentine’s Day Packages
- Los Angeles Food News in February
Dominique Ansel is always cooking up something new, from the cronut that made his bakery famous, to the delectable cookie shot and the quirky waffogato (a waffle/gelato hybrid served over espresso). His newest creation, just in time for summer, is his sweet corn blackberry cake, a gluten-free treat that’s certainly lighter than many of Ansel’s past creations.
Specifically, the creation is a sweet corn mousse over a corn bread dacquoise (a French layered dessert cake made with almonds and hazelnut). It is topped with a fresh blackberry gelée and decorated with fresh blackberries, smoked butter popcorn (yes, popcorn!) and crème fraiche. It's lightly salted, which actually brings out the sweetness in the corn.
You can get your sweet corn blackberry cake all summer long at Ansel’s Bakery on Spring Street.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts