Introducing Ansel's New Creation: Sweet Corn Blackberry Cake
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Dominique Ansel is always cooking up something new, from the cronut that made his bakery famous, to the delectable cookie shot and the quirky waffogato (a waffle/gelato hybrid served over espresso). His newest creation, just in time for summer, is his sweet corn blackberry cake, a gluten-free treat that’s certainly lighter than many of Ansel’s past creations.
Specifically, the creation is a sweet corn mousse over a corn bread dacquoise (a French layered dessert cake made with almonds and hazelnut). It is topped with a fresh blackberry gelée and decorated with fresh blackberries, smoked butter popcorn (yes, popcorn!) and crème fraiche. It's lightly salted, which actually brings out the sweetness in the corn.
You can get your sweet corn blackberry cake all summer long at Ansel’s Bakery on Spring Street.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts