Houston Bar to Unveil 6 Pappy Van Winkle Whiskeys on July 4
Recipe of the day
- Taco Bell Is Testing Out Beer and Slushies with Rum and Vodka
- 12 Cocktails to Drink in Charleston Right Now
- Where to Eat Easter Brunch 2015 in and Around Los Angeles
- San Francisco Wants to Put Warning Labels on Soda
- An Unlikely Love Affair: Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee and Peloton Cycle Partner to Bring Organic Fare to New York's Fitness-Enthused
Reserve 101 bar in Houston will celebrate the Fourth of July with the special unveiling of six bottles of Pappy Van Winkle whiskey, including all three varieties of the highly sought-after Van Winkle expressions.
The six whiskey expressions include Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr 107 Proof, 12-year old Van Winkle Special Reserve, 13-year-old Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye, 15-year-old Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 15yr, Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20yr, and Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23yr.
The entire specialty collection will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis when Reserve 101 opens its doors on Friday, July 4.
“People can argue whether this is the world's greatest whiskey — not my place to say — but I can tell you no other whiskey gets asked for more at our bar than Van Winkle,” said Mike Raymond, co-owner of Reserve 101. “Not some of the time, not most of the time, but every single day. We are very pleased to be able to offer Houstonians this unicorn whiskey on July Fourth."
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts