- Fried Chicken Day
Doritos Fried Chicken Might Just Happen
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Per Se Owes Workers $500,000 in Unpaid Service Charges, Says New York Attorney General
- Chuck E. Cheese’s, ‘Where a Kid Can Be a Kid,’ Hires Creative Agency to Help Attract More Adults
- Bakery That Refused Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Ordered to Pay Damages
- Black Seed Launches New Chef-Designed Bagels for Summer
- Sweetgreen Receives $35 Million in Funding to Open More Locations
Let's just call 2013 the year that solidified hybrid foods as a new food category. The AP is reporting that Buffalo Wild Wings has struck a deal to serve PepsiCo products, and is working with the chain to create "unique menu offerings." In an interview with Buffalo Wild Wings CEO Sally Smith, it seems like the "unique" items involve Doritos chicken wings or tenders, or dressing and wing sauces that incorporate PepsiCo sodas.
"I don't think it will be in the next 12 months, but we'll possibly start testing after a year or 18 months," Smith said, when considering these new items.
Of course, all of this is to bounce off the uber-successful Doritos Locos Tacos, where Taco Bell teamed up with Doritos to create Doritos-flavored taco shells (there are now three versions). So what to potentially expect at Buffalo Wild Wings in the next couple of years? Mountain Dew-laced wing sauces (which actually sounds like it might work), salad dressings, and sandwich sauces.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts