Doritos Fried Chicken Might Just Happen
Recipe of the day
- The 10 Best 24-Hour Chain Restaurants
- Gabe Thompson is Doing a Tex-Mex Brunch Pop-Up at L’Apicio This Weekend, March 28 and 29
- Ivan Ramen Has a New Late Night-Only Pork Belly and Shoulder Ramen
- Tony May's SD26 Changes Ownership
- EXCLUSIVE: Dunkin’ Donuts Debuts New Food Items, Including Oreo Cheesecake Square
Let's just call 2013 the year that solidified hybrid foods as a new food category. The AP is reporting that Buffalo Wild Wings has struck a deal to serve PepsiCo products, and is working with the chain to create "unique menu offerings." In an interview with Buffalo Wild Wings CEO Sally Smith, it seems like the "unique" items involve Doritos chicken wings or tenders, or dressing and wing sauces that incorporate PepsiCo sodas.
"I don't think it will be in the next 12 months, but we'll possibly start testing after a year or 18 months," Smith said, when considering these new items.
Of course, all of this is to bounce off the uber-successful Doritos Locos Tacos, where Taco Bell teamed up with Doritos to create Doritos-flavored taco shells (there are now three versions). So what to potentially expect at Buffalo Wild Wings in the next couple of years? Mountain Dew-laced wing sauces (which actually sounds like it might work), salad dressings, and sandwich sauces.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts