Change.org Petitions Coca-Cola to Stop GMO Efforts
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- 8 Drinks That Help Fight Diabetes
- New Product Offers ‘Wine Without the Hangover’… Because There’s No Alcohol in It
- Soda Company Celebrates ‘Deflategate’ with Flat Sodas
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Teams Up with Keurig for Forthcoming At-Home Cold Beverage System
- Scientists Treat Alcoholics with a Fake Bar and Colored Water
Coca-Cola might have brands like health-focused Honest Tea, Odwalla, and Simply Orange, but it turns out that the company is hiding a little secret. Last month, the public found out that Coca-Cola donated more than $1 million to the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), which went directly to the GMA's fight against labeling of GMOs in Washington state, a Change.org petition says.
According to the petition, the attorney general says the GMA "violated the state's campaign disclosure laws when it bundled more than $11 million for the anti-labeling fight," keeping donators names anonymous. PepsiCo, Nestlé, Coca-Cola, and General Mills were a few of the donators to the GMA campaign. Companies like Dole Food Company and Mars, Inc. have already stopped giving money to the GMO-labeling fight, the petition says, and organizers are asking that the Coca-Cola Company do the same.
Check out the petition here, which already has more than 16,000 signatures.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts