- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Change.org Petitions Coca-Cola to Stop GMO Efforts
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- British Supermarket Chain Tesco Bans Sugary Drinks to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Capri Sun Sues Faribault Foods Inc. Over Pouch Packaging
- 7 Healthy 3-Ingredient Smoothies
- You Won’t Believe How Much Sugar Is in These ‘Healthy’ Drinks
- Pulling Water Out of Thin Air: Have Scientists Found a ‘Magic’ Drought Solution?
Coca-Cola might have brands like health-focused Honest Tea, Odwalla, and Simply Orange, but it turns out that the company is hiding a little secret. Last month, the public found out that Coca-Cola donated more than $1 million to the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), which went directly to the GMA's fight against labeling of GMOs in Washington state, a Change.org petition says.
According to the petition, the attorney general says the GMA "violated the state's campaign disclosure laws when it bundled more than $11 million for the anti-labeling fight," keeping donators names anonymous. PepsiCo, Nestlé, Coca-Cola, and General Mills were a few of the donators to the GMA campaign. Companies like Dole Food Company and Mars, Inc. have already stopped giving money to the GMO-labeling fight, the petition says, and organizers are asking that the Coca-Cola Company do the same.
Check out the petition here, which already has more than 16,000 signatures.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts