Celebrity Chef Todd English Arrested for DWI in The Hamptons
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Celebrity chef and restaurateur Todd English was arrested on Sunday, August 31 for driving while intoxicated, reports NBC.
The Boston-based chef, who had been in Southampton, Long Island for Labor Day weekend, was pulled over near the Shinnecock Hills Golf Club for drifting out of his lane around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
English reportedly refused a breathalyzer test on the advice of his lawyer, and was charged with a misdemeanor DWI. English appeared in Southampton Town Justice Court later the same day and was released after posting $1,500 bail.
In March 2014, Olives in New York City’s Union Square was taken over by The Gerber Group. Although the restaurant’s menu and concept remains the same, English is no longer involved with the daily operations of the restaurant.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts