Celebrity Chef Todd English Arrested for DWI in The Hamptons
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
Celebrity chef and restaurateur Todd English was arrested on Sunday, August 31 for driving while intoxicated, reports NBC.
The Boston-based chef, who had been in Southampton, Long Island for Labor Day weekend, was pulled over near the Shinnecock Hills Golf Club for drifting out of his lane around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
English reportedly refused a breathalyzer test on the advice of his lawyer, and was charged with a misdemeanor DWI. English appeared in Southampton Town Justice Court later the same day and was released after posting $1,500 bail.
In March 2014, Olives in New York City’s Union Square was taken over by The Gerber Group. Although the restaurant’s menu and concept remains the same, English is no longer involved with the daily operations of the restaurant.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts