Celebrity Chef Todd English Arrested for DWI in The Hamptons
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Celebrity chef and restaurateur Todd English was arrested on Sunday, August 31 for driving while intoxicated, reports NBC.
The Boston-based chef, who had been in Southampton, Long Island for Labor Day weekend, was pulled over near the Shinnecock Hills Golf Club for drifting out of his lane around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
English reportedly refused a breathalyzer test on the advice of his lawyer, and was charged with a misdemeanor DWI. English appeared in Southampton Town Justice Court later the same day and was released after posting $1,500 bail.
In March 2014, Olives in New York City’s Union Square was taken over by The Gerber Group. Although the restaurant’s menu and concept remains the same, English is no longer involved with the daily operations of the restaurant.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts