Canadian Lay’s Gets Bacon and Poutine-Flavored Chips
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Lay’s Do Us a Flavor has done it again with the wild and wacky chip flavors, this time offering four unique fan-voted Lay’s varieties from our North of the Border friend. The finalists in the Canadian Lay’s contest include Bacon and Poutine, Jalapeño Mac ‘N’ Cheese, Cinnamon Bun, and Tzatziki. All four flavors have hit shelves (with Mac ‘N’ Cheese and Tzatziki also available in wavy variety), and fans will vote on which flavor they want to be around in a more permanent fashion, through October.
We have to admit we’re a bit more intrigued by the Canadian chip creations than our own; Americans chose Wasabi Ginger, Bacon Mac ‘N’ Cheese, Mango Salsa, and Cappuccino. Canada’s answer to the sweet stuff was the cinnamon bun variety, which is definitely a head-scratcher, and we are unsure how the tangy flavor of tzatziki will translate into a chip.
In case you’re wondering, Maple Moose won last year’s Lay’s contest, and yes, that is the most Canadian thing you’ll learn all week.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts