- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Canadian Lay’s Gets Bacon and Poutine-Flavored Chips
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- StarKist Found Guilty of Underfilling Tuna Cans, Must Reimburse Customers in Free Tuna
- Salmonella Identified in Chocolate Bars Distributed to at Least 20 Countries
- Oscar Mayer Recalls More Than 2 Million Pounds of Turkey Bacon
- Trader Joe’s Recalls Dark Chocolate-Covered Graham Crackers Because of Unlisted Milk Ingredient
- Just Mayo, the Vegan Mayo Company, Is in Trouble with the FDA
Lay’s Do Us a Flavor has done it again with the wild and wacky chip flavors, this time offering four unique fan-voted Lay’s varieties from our North of the Border friend. The finalists in the Canadian Lay’s contest include Bacon and Poutine, Jalapeño Mac ‘N’ Cheese, Cinnamon Bun, and Tzatziki. All four flavors have hit shelves (with Mac ‘N’ Cheese and Tzatziki also available in wavy variety), and fans will vote on which flavor they want to be around in a more permanent fashion, through October.
We have to admit we’re a bit more intrigued by the Canadian chip creations than our own; Americans chose Wasabi Ginger, Bacon Mac ‘N’ Cheese, Mango Salsa, and Cappuccino. Canada’s answer to the sweet stuff was the cinnamon bun variety, which is definitely a head-scratcher, and we are unsure how the tangy flavor of tzatziki will translate into a chip.
In case you’re wondering, Maple Moose won last year’s Lay’s contest, and yes, that is the most Canadian thing you’ll learn all week.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts