Boyz II Men Is Back and Crooning About Wendy’s Pretzel Buns
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- General Mills, Pure Life Iced Tea, ConAgra, and More Pull Advertising From '19 Kids and Counting’
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
Have you been asking “on bended knee” for the return of Wendy’s Pretzel Buns? Or how about for the comeback of everyone’s favorite ‘90s slow-jam band, Boyz II Men? Well, now you have both. The Boyz are releasing a new album this fall, and are also collaborating with Wendy’s for the return of the pretzel buns, featured in the Pretzel Bun Bacon Cheeseburger. With the help of the #PretzelLoveSongs hashtag, Boyz II Men will be turning their fans’ love song lyrics into a series of new music videos released by Billboard, as well as the official #PretzelLoveSongs video, which twists (and salts), the group’s original lyrics to fit the love for pretzel burgers.
“We know all about romance, heartache, love lost and found, but we have never had the chance to sing sweet harmonies about, of all things, a pretzel bun,” said Nathan Morris of Boyz II Men. “We sing about searching for your better half on our new album ‘Collide,’ and with our #PretzelLoveSongs video, we put a humorous twist on what some fans are saying is their better half – Wendy’s pretzel bun.”
The Boyz told The Daily Meal that at first they were skeptical about the pretzel buns, but soon fell in love. And that’s saying something since the group is from Philadelphia — home of the soft pretzel.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts