- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Bobby Flay and Mind of a Chef Win Daytime Emmys
Mind of a Chef
Mind of a Chef
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
Anthony Bourdain and Bobby Flay have captured the minds (and attention) of TV critics. Bourdain’s runaway hit Mind of a Chef, which just completed a third season, has won a Daytime Emmy for Best Culinary Program, and Bobby Flay received the Emmy honor of Best Culinary Host. Chef Flay has also won an Emmy for Outstanding Culinary Host for his show Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction. The Chew was also nominated in the category of Outstanding Talk Show, but did not pick up the win.
PBS’ Mind of a Chef, hosted by Sean Brock and April Bloomfield, actually beat out food TV favorites Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis for the win.
Sean Brock Instagrammed his Emmy award and expressed his happy disbelief at Mind of a Chef’s win with the caption, “Insane!!” Anthony Bourdain tweeted about the win saying, “Who the f**k else?” Flay, meanwhile, is no stranger to Emmy wins and has won two other Daytime Emmys in past years.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts