- Fried Chicken Day
Batali and Bastianich to Overhaul Cuisine at Maritime Hotel
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The 9 Most Memorable Crimes That Happened at Fast Food Restaurants
- Per Se Owes Workers $500,000 in Unpaid Service Charges, Says New York Attorney General
- Chuck E. Cheese’s, ‘Where a Kid Can Be a Kid,’ Hires Creative Agency to Help Attract More Adults
- Bakery That Refused Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Ordered to Pay Damages
- Black Seed Launches New Chef-Designed Bagels for Summer
The full project will include La Bottega restaurant within the hotel, the lobby bar, The Cabanas at the Maritime, and the hotel’s room service program.
“The food program will mirror the hotel’s nautical architectural elements, featuring cooking of the Italian coast and islands,” the team announced in a press release. “Dishes of crudo and whole fish will conjure the storied hotels of Capri. Pastel colors and terra-cotta tiles will transport diners to the terraced hillsides of Positano.”
The upcoming project will be the restaurant group’s first standalone New York restaurant in nearly a decade, the most recent of which was Del Posto, which opened in 2006.
“The Maritime has just as much, if not more, outdoor space than any other hotel in Manhattan,” said chef Batali. “It’s the sort of place I like to spend time. We’ll bring our perspective on Italian food and a little old-school New York to this Chelsea landmark.”
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts