Bourdain Likes Depeche Mode, Other Insights from his Q&A
Today on The Daily Meal
- Bourdain Promos New CNN Show, 'Parts Unknown'
- Bourdain Talks CNN Partnership, Season 4 of ‘Parts Unknown'
- Anthony Bourdain on Charlie Rose: ‘I’m a Guy Who Should Have a Project’
- Edward Lee Talks 'Mind of a Chef' Role and His Inspiration
- The “Maverick Food Porn Poet,” and Other Anthony Bourdain Nicknames
While waiting to board his flight to Shanghai on Monday, April 30th, Anthony Bourdain took to Twitter to pass the time.
Bourdain decided to answer fan questions that included his favorite reggae artist (Peter Tosh), his favorite Tarantino film (Jackie Brown), the most interesting person he’s ever eaten with (Bill Murray), his death row meal of choice (sushi by Jiro), and per his wife, whether or not he needed anything from the grocery store (Cap’n Crunch).
We also learned that he’s not a fan of deep dish pizza, thinks that Spanglish was dreadful, is pals with Ludo (Lefebvre of the pop-up restaurant LudoBites), and that if not for the success of Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain would have been a brunch cook.
The full Q&A, which lasted until Bourdain was told to “turn off all mobile devices,” is on Twitter and definitely worth a browse, but here are a few of the most interesting things we learned:
“@johnnystickfish: @Bourdain favorite reggae artist?” Peter tosh
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts