- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Bourdain Likes Depeche Mode, Other Insights from his Q&A
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
- Chef Rudy Correa: A Rising Star at the Jersey Shore
- Indianapolis Chef Offers $500 for the Safe Return of His Favorite Knife
- Alton Brown on Food Culture and Its Flaws: Loving Food ‘Doesn’t Make You Special’
- Teen Chef Opens His First Restaurant with $160 Tasting Menu, Sparks Anger in Chef Community
While waiting to board his flight to Shanghai on Monday, April 30th, Anthony Bourdain took to Twitter to pass the time.
Bourdain decided to answer fan questions that included his favorite reggae artist (Peter Tosh), his favorite Tarantino film (Jackie Brown), the most interesting person he’s ever eaten with (Bill Murray), his death row meal of choice (sushi by Jiro), and per his wife, whether or not he needed anything from the grocery store (Cap’n Crunch).
We also learned that he’s not a fan of deep dish pizza, thinks that Spanglish was dreadful, is pals with Ludo (Lefebvre of the pop-up restaurant LudoBites), and that if not for the success of Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain would have been a brunch cook.
The full Q&A, which lasted until Bourdain was told to “turn off all mobile devices,” is on Twitter and definitely worth a browse, but here are a few of the most interesting things we learned:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts