- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Bourdain Likes Depeche Mode, Other Insights from his Q&A
Recipe of the day
- Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
While waiting to board his flight to Shanghai on Monday, April 30th, Anthony Bourdain took to Twitter to pass the time.
Bourdain decided to answer fan questions that included his favorite reggae artist (Peter Tosh), his favorite Tarantino film (Jackie Brown), the most interesting person he’s ever eaten with (Bill Murray), his death row meal of choice (sushi by Jiro), and per his wife, whether or not he needed anything from the grocery store (Cap’n Crunch).
We also learned that he’s not a fan of deep dish pizza, thinks that Spanglish was dreadful, is pals with Ludo (Lefebvre of the pop-up restaurant LudoBites), and that if not for the success of Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain would have been a brunch cook.
The full Q&A, which lasted until Bourdain was told to “turn off all mobile devices,” is on Twitter and definitely worth a browse, but here are a few of the most interesting things we learned:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts