New York's Perla Shuttered by the Department of Health
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Perla, the popular restaurant on Minetta Lane in New York's Greenwich Village, was shuttered during service last night by the Department of Health. A tipster let us know that the city agency conducted an inspection during dinnertime and closed the restaurant down on the spot, and the yellow sign on the restaurant's window (left) tells the rest of the story: it's been shuttered, and won't be opening back up until they clean up their act.
Their page on the Department of Health's website has yet to be updated (it still displays their "B" rating from January, citing evidence of mice and improper sanitation), but we're sure all the details from last night's inspection will be made public soon. We've reached out to the restaurant for comment and will update when more information becomes available.
UPDATE: Here's what Stulman told Grub Street:
"The Department of Health stopped by Perla last night and we were dinged with two violations. One was for a bartender not wearing gloves while shaking a cocktail and the other was for our walk-in refrigerator not holding temperature. They chose to shut us down for the night. We have already fixed all the issues and plan to be open for dinner service as regularly planned tonight."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts