New York's Perla Shuttered by the Department of Health
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
Perla, the popular restaurant on Minetta Lane in New York's Greenwich Village, was shuttered during service last night by the Department of Health. A tipster let us know that the city agency conducted an inspection during dinnertime and closed the restaurant down on the spot, and the yellow sign on the restaurant's window (left) tells the rest of the story: it's been shuttered, and won't be opening back up until they clean up their act.
Their page on the Department of Health's website has yet to be updated (it still displays their "B" rating from January, citing evidence of mice and improper sanitation), but we're sure all the details from last night's inspection will be made public soon. We've reached out to the restaurant for comment and will update when more information becomes available.
UPDATE: Here's what Stulman told Grub Street:
"The Department of Health stopped by Perla last night and we were dinged with two violations. One was for a bartender not wearing gloves while shaking a cocktail and the other was for our walk-in refrigerator not holding temperature. They chose to shut us down for the night. We have already fixed all the issues and plan to be open for dinner service as regularly planned tonight."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts