- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
New 'Layover' App Follows Anthony Bourdain's Trail
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
For those who want to wine and dine around the globe like Anthony Bourdain — there's an app for that. Now, fans can trace Bourdain's favorite places with a Travel Channel app inspired by his hit show The Layover.
The app (for the iPhone and iPad) shares Bourdain's picks for 10 major cities, both in the U.S. (Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco) and abroad (Singapore, Rome, Amsterdam, London, Montreal, Hong Kong). The app is heavy on restaurant recommendations, like one for LA's Animal Restaurant, but also includes picks for hotels, bars, and local hot spots. Extra features include a timeline for users to plan out itineraries, social media badges, music playlists for each city, and etiquette tips to impress the locals.
In an email to The New York Times, Bourdain explained, "The app is built around destinations and eateries I actually like... The thing is intended to be useful and personal." Looks like Bourdain has a ton of fans who want to eat and travel just like him — Multichannel News reports that the app is already a best-seller in the travel category.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts