- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Natty Light Is the First Beer in Space
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
Following in the footsteps of the father-son team who sent an iPhone into space, two Natural Light fans (they exist?) decided to send a can into space using a weather balloon, making Natty Light the first beer in space.
According to Natty Light's YouTube channel, "The spacecraft was composed of a styrofoam cooler carrying the first beer (full beer) in space on board, a GPS tracking device, an HD video camera pointed at another (empty) can on the outside of the ship."
Watch the two-and-a-half hour journey below. Apparently they haven't popped open the beer yet, so suggestions are welcome for what to do with it now that it's back from space.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts