Natty Light Is the First Beer in Space
Recipe of the day
- We’re Shocked: Young People Are Starting to Choose Wine and Liquor Over Beer
- 6 Reasons Beer Is Good for You
- Norwegian Festival Fights Binge Drinking with Cheap Beer
- MillerCoors Sued for Portraying Blue Moon as Craft Beer Worthy of Premium Price Tag
- These Rugby Players Got Tooth Implants That Double as Bottle Openers
Following in the footsteps of the father-son team who sent an iPhone into space, two Natural Light fans (they exist?) decided to send a can into space using a weather balloon, making Natty Light the first beer in space.
According to Natty Light's YouTube channel, "The spacecraft was composed of a styrofoam cooler carrying the first beer (full beer) in space on board, a GPS tracking device, an HD video camera pointed at another (empty) can on the outside of the ship."
Watch the two-and-a-half hour journey below. Apparently they haven't popped open the beer yet, so suggestions are welcome for what to do with it now that it's back from space.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts