'Music Sommeliers' Are a Thing Now
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Whoever thought it was very important to pair food with music (most likely the guys behind this study) is probably very happy right now. The LA Times reports that a couple of restaurants are now hiring people called "music sommeliers" to pick out music for restaurants.
"People consider the music a demonstration of whether this place is for them," Bill Chait, of Playa and Picca, said.
So instead of getting a Pandora station from a line cook, restaurants are turning to marketing companies or music companies to provide "highly customized playlists," with one company's sales growing 40 percent in the past year. Somehow, this sounds so very corporate. Regular folks would just hire DJs, or turn on the radio.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts