Mother Calls Cops on Son Over Pop-Tart Theft
Recipe of the day
- Ben & Jerry’s Releases New Ice Cream That Could Help Save the Planet
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hot Pockets
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
Well, this is just crazy: a Charlotte, N.C., woman reportedly had her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts, NBC reports.
According to the police report, the mother called investigators earlier this week to report that her Pop-Tarts were stolen. The culprit? Her juvenile son. How dare he.
Naturally, people are calling this story absolutely ridiculous, as neighbor Fred Patrick noted that the son "seems real nice to me. I mean he is real respectful." In the meantime, the boy was placed under juvenile arrest and charged with larceny/misdemeanor, NBC reports.
Mothers everywhere might be a bit upset about some missing food, but it's hardly a reason to call the police. As one neighbor says, "It would be nice if they asked, but they don't. They are kids." Anyway, we're off to go apologize to our mother for eating all the ice cream (and to our sisters for stealing their desserts). No need to turn ourselves in, right? Also, they're Pop-Tarts. It's not like they were infused with edible gold and white truffles.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts