Mother Calls Cops on Son Over Pop-Tart Theft
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Taco Bell Might Be Coming Out With Hot Sauce Chips
- Ben & Jerry’s Are Open to Making Marijuana Ice Cream
- Häagen-Dazs Teams Up with Six Artisans Around the Country for Latest Ice Cream Collection
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
Well, this is just crazy: a Charlotte, N.C., woman reportedly had her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts, NBC reports.
According to the police report, the mother called investigators earlier this week to report that her Pop-Tarts were stolen. The culprit? Her juvenile son. How dare he.
Naturally, people are calling this story absolutely ridiculous, as neighbor Fred Patrick noted that the son "seems real nice to me. I mean he is real respectful." In the meantime, the boy was placed under juvenile arrest and charged with larceny/misdemeanor, NBC reports.
Mothers everywhere might be a bit upset about some missing food, but it's hardly a reason to call the police. As one neighbor says, "It would be nice if they asked, but they don't. They are kids." Anyway, we're off to go apologize to our mother for eating all the ice cream (and to our sisters for stealing their desserts). No need to turn ourselves in, right? Also, they're Pop-Tarts. It's not like they were infused with edible gold and white truffles.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts