Most Expensive Bacon Sandwich and More News
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Most Expensive Bacon Sandwich: A UK coffee shop has created the world's priciest bacon sandwich with the $237 Bacon Bling. The works include seven rashers of bacon from a rare breed pig, truffle spread, watercress, a free range egg, sliced truffles, saffron, and edible gold dust. It is, of course, all cooked in truffle oil. [World Record Academy]
Forest Whitaker Frisked at Deli: The Oscar-winning actor was wrongly accused of shoplifting and frisked at an Upper West Side deli in Manhattan. [TMZ]
D.O.M. Chef Talks Kidnappings, Danger: The chef of São Paulo's D.O.M., now considered one of the world's best restaurants, talks about that one time he was kidnapped, plus innovative Brazilian ingredients, like insects, coconut apple, and special black rice. [WSJ]
Restaurant Fines for Leftovers: A restaurant in Japan asks that any diner who fails to finish every grain of rice and every piece of roe in a $25 dish pay a donation to fishermen who risk their lives for ikura (salmon roe) in dangerous conditions. [MSN]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts