Michelle Obama's Book Delayed
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
The first lady's gardening book, which was previously set for an April 10 release date, is now set for publication May 1, 2012.
Obama's book will tell, "The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America," as the subtitle says. It will include personal anecdotes, recipes, and photographs from Quentin Bacon (who has shot for Mario Batali and Ina Garten).
Reportedly, the 256-page hardcover will go for $30. Obama will be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight, Jan. 31, promoting the book and getting Leno to eat some vegetables.
Check out the updated cover below, courtesy of Crown Publishing Group.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts