- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Memorial Day Recipes for Kids
Recipe of the day
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
- These People Completely Recreated the Simpsons Kitchen in Their Own Home
- 6 Foods That Can Clean Your House
- Are These the Worst Food Tattoos Ever?
On Memorial Day weekend you have to indulge a little. Whether you are eating up delicious barbecue or gobbling up some delicious Memorial Day desserts, you need to enjoy this tasty holiday to its fullest capacity.
If you’re having friends heading out back for some delicious barbecue this Memorial Day, you can’t forget your pint sized guests’ picky taste buds. After all, those little ones will be your biggest critics. Make them perfectly portioned and sized foods that can make their summer celebration even more delicious:
Meatballs on a Stick
There's nothing like meat on a stick to get people running into the kitchen. And these meatballs from nutritionist Laura Cipullo are made from lean turkey breast, which helps turn this usual calorie fest into something a bit healthier.
Sweet Potato Crisps
Vandana Sheth, registered dietitian and representative for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, suggests making these sweet potato crisps as a healthy and fiber-filled snack for kids (and adults, too). We'll bet you won't be able to eat just one.
Apple Wedge Dessert
No roundup is complete without dessert at the end! Amy Roskelley, author of the blog Super Healthy Kids, offers up this satisfying dessert that won't bog you down.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts