Meet the Latest Lemony Girl Scout Cookie
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
It's Girl Scout cookie season, and although Thin Mints may always be the most popular of them all, the organization has released their newest cookie: Savannah Smiles.
The cookie is named after Savannah, Ga., where founder Juliette Gordon Low started the organization. According to the web site, a Savannah Smile is a "lemon wedge cookie... cool and crisp, with just the right number of lemon chips to deliver tiny bursts of happiness."
According to the Washington Post, this is the third lemon cookie from the Girl Scouts. In 2010, there were the Lemon Chalet Creme cookies, which were recalled for a foul smell and taste. In 2006, a shortbread cookie with a lemon glaze (Lemonades) was introduced; they are still available.
And if you're craving some more Girl Scout cookies but don't know where to find them, try making your own Thin Mints at home.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts