Media Mix: Stolen Rabbits; Bone Luging; and Whole Foods Cuts Off Chicken Hatchery
Today on The Daily Meal
- Media Mix: Stolen Rabbits; Bone Luging; and Whole Foods Cuts Off Chicken Hatchery
- Weekly Media Mix: Sex for McNuggets; Gourmet Video Game Food; and Kraft Cuts Jobs
- Media Mix: Broccoli Is Better Whole; Ben & Jerry's Help Occupy Wall Street; and Joe Jonas' Favorite Chefs
- Weekly Media Mix: Fried Foods Are OK; Chinese Food History; and an 'Office' Farm Spin-Off
- Weekly Media Mix: The Times' Sexy Chicken; Pot Police Eat Evidence; and Zuckerburg Hunts Larger Game
The Daily Byte brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Stolen Rabbits Returned: A farmer's rabbits were anonymously returned after being stolen before a slaughtering and cooking class. The rabbits were reportedly stolen by advocates who were caring for them. [AP]
Bone Luging Trend Alert: Apparently the act of drinking alcohol from halved and hollowed roasted bone marrow is a thing, spreading from Portland, Ore. to Los Angeles, Denver, and Brooklyn. [Tasting Table]
Irish Coffee Gets Better: It's winter, and it's cold, so here's a tasty version of the boozy classic. [WSJ]
Whole Foods Cutting Ties With Chicken Hatchery: After learning about an animal rights lawsuit against Cal-Cruz Hatcheries Inc., Whole Foods is looking to severe all ties with the company, saying they "will not be working with any ranches that receive chicks from Cal-Cruz." [HuffPo]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts