McDonald's May Be the Most Visited Business in the US
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
Looks like McDonald's isn't losing its reign anytime soon; a new study found that McDonald's was the leading business in the United States in March, and no one is surprised.
A new study from Placed, a location analytics company, crunched the numbers and found that McDonald's, Walmart, and Subway are the three most-visited businesses in the United States for Americans 14 or older.
McDonald's received 49 percent of visitors, Walmart received 38.8 percent of the visitors polled, and Subway got 37.8 percent. Burger King only had 24.3 percent, Starbucks 23.9 percent, and Wendy's 22.8 percent. Surprisingly, this was all higher than any pharmacy; Walgreens and CVS ranked seven and eight, respectively, on the list.
When it comes to food trends, the sales of pizza and fried chicken decreased in March as football season ended, although Pizza Hut was just as popular as ever.
And when it comes to age, younger patrons tend to frequent In-N-Out, Jamba Juice, Jack in the Box, Five Guys, and Carl's Jr. (18 to 24 year olds). Clients 55 and up favor Caribou Coffee, Culver's, Ruby Tuesday, Steak 'n Shake, Denny's, Dunkin' Donuts, and Red Lobster.
Head on over to Placed for the full report and see how mainstream your food choices are.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts