McDonald's May Be the Most Visited Business in the US
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Looks like McDonald's isn't losing its reign anytime soon; a new study found that McDonald's was the leading business in the United States in March, and no one is surprised.
A new study from Placed, a location analytics company, crunched the numbers and found that McDonald's, Walmart, and Subway are the three most-visited businesses in the United States for Americans 14 or older.
McDonald's received 49 percent of visitors, Walmart received 38.8 percent of the visitors polled, and Subway got 37.8 percent. Burger King only had 24.3 percent, Starbucks 23.9 percent, and Wendy's 22.8 percent. Surprisingly, this was all higher than any pharmacy; Walgreens and CVS ranked seven and eight, respectively, on the list.
When it comes to food trends, the sales of pizza and fried chicken decreased in March as football season ended, although Pizza Hut was just as popular as ever.
And when it comes to age, younger patrons tend to frequent In-N-Out, Jamba Juice, Jack in the Box, Five Guys, and Carl's Jr. (18 to 24 year olds). Clients 55 and up favor Caribou Coffee, Culver's, Ruby Tuesday, Steak 'n Shake, Denny's, Dunkin' Donuts, and Red Lobster.
Head on over to Placed for the full report and see how mainstream your food choices are.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts