McDonald’s Rolling Out Egg White Delight McMuffin Nationwide April 22
Recipe of the day
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
- New Magical Millennial Tic Tacs Change Flavor in Your Mouth
McDonald’s will be rolling out their Egg White Delight, a yolk-free version of their Egg McMuffin breakfast sandwich, in locations nationwide starting April 22, the company has confirmed to The Daily Meal.
The breakfast sandwich, which contains 250 calories (compared to the Egg McMuffin's 300) was tested in Atlanta and Austin markets last November.
The egg whites are cooked free-form on the griddle with a spatula (as opposed to the more common microwaved version sold by competitors), and will join a slice of white cheddar cheese and Canadian bacon on a whole-grain English muffin. Egg whites will also be made available on all the other breakfast sandwiches the company offers.
"We’ve been listening to our customers, and they want premium options," McDonald’s external communications manager Tyler Litchenberger told The Daily Meal. "We can’t just limit egg whites to one menu item. We want to provide variety, and the ability to customize anything. We’ll even not add salt to your fries if you want."
The company will also be introducing a few additional menu items within the next few months: Premium McWraps in three varieties — chicken and bacon, chicken and ranch, and sweet chile chicken — will be available nationally March 18, and McCafé blueberry pomegranate smoothies will hit menus May 15.
Dan Myers is the Eat/Dine Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @sirmyers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts