Matzo Ball Ramen
Recipe of the day
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
- 5 Crazy Things Restaurants Have Done with Chicken Wings
Cool Plates features dishes from across the country to help inspire chefs' creativity.
For this Japanese-Jewish mashup, chef-owner Jonathon Sawyer makes a chicken dashi — made like traditional Japanese dashi broth, but with poached chicken instead of bonito flakes. He adds cooked, thinly sliced Ohio beef brisket, a matzo ball, ribbons of poached carrot, dill, and ramen noodles, and sells his matzo ball soup for $15.
— Bret Thorn
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts