Matzo Ball Ramen
Recipe of the day
- Reduce Your Beef Consumption With the James Beard Foundation's Better Burger Project
- Who Started America's 10 Biggest Fast Food Chains?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Eat White Bread Again
- Arby’s Is Giving Out Free 6-DVD Sets Featuring Meat Smoking for 21 Hours… and That’s It
- Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Announce Plans to Remove Artificial Ingredients
Cool Plates features dishes from across the country to help inspire chefs' creativity.
For this Japanese-Jewish mashup, chef-owner Jonathon Sawyer makes a chicken dashi — made like traditional Japanese dashi broth, but with poached chicken instead of bonito flakes. He adds cooked, thinly sliced Ohio beef brisket, a matzo ball, ribbons of poached carrot, dill, and ramen noodles, and sells his matzo ball soup for $15.
— Bret Thorn
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts