- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Mario Batali Chats and Cooks with Jimmy Fallon
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Thomas Keller on the Simplicity of Good Hospitality and What Young Cooks Must Have to Succeed
- The Best Young Culinary Minds: Zagat’s 30 Under 30 List Is Released
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 2
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 1
- Talking Chocolate with Mr. Chocolate, Master Chef Jacques Torres
The folks over at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon were treated to a feast last night, courtesy of Mario Batali.
Batali, renowned chef and restaurateur, stopped by to chat with Jimmy Fallon about the Michelin stars he was awarded this year for Babbo, The Spotted Pig, Del Posto, and Casa Mono. He also talked paintball and his son Benno, among other things.
The cooking segment showcased small bites from his new catering service Mario By Mary.
Fallon and Batali whipped up cocktails and grilled cheese with the help of Late Night guest Meredith Viera and band leader Questlove.
The drink was made of a large glug of rum, elderflower, fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, and lime zest. To top it off, Batali gave each of them “safety goggle” straws for their cocktails.
The grilled cheese was made with Fontina and a spread of grain mustard, horseradish, and extra virgin olive oil. And that’s not all: Batali then unveiled tuna tartar tacos, Italian pigs in a blanket, and a mini mozzarella bar (we hope they shared some with the audience!).
And as a sweet ending, Batali toasted to Fallon for his 2014 takeover of Jay Leno’s The Tonight Show.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts