Manhattan Getting Sprinkles Cupcake ATM
Recipe of the day
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
- New Magical Millennial Tic Tacs Change Flavor in Your Mouth
Truthfully, the cupcake trend is on the gradual decline (it's about time), thanks to the Cronut, but the Sprinkles cupcake ATM might swoop in just in time for a quick revival.
The Observer reports that Sprinkles Cupcakes has finally signed a 7,000-square-foot lease to expand its location at 780-782 Lexington Ave., adding on an additional 1,000 square feet to allow room for ice cream production (which means ice cream-cupcake combos, we can only hope). The most important part, however, is the ATM machine.
Crain's first reported the Upper East Side expansion for the Sprinkles ice cream parlor and got our hopes up once again, promising "an ATM machine that allows customers to order from the shop’s assortment of cupcakes, which come in flavors like banana, triple cinnamon, and ginger lemon, 24 hours a day." Last year, Sprinkles told NBC they were still deciding the locations of three cupcake ATMS in Manhattan, with representative Nicole Schwartz promising a few hundred cupcakes in each machine at any given moment.
With the Upper East Side location announced, we can only hope the West Village and perhaps the Lower East Side will also be graced with such machines, allowing drunk cupcakes for all.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts