Making Potato Salad Healthier
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Potato salad, an essential mainstay of backyard barbecues, pool parties, and picnics, marks the height of spring and the start of summer. And, a party without potato salad and all the fixings just wouldn't seem like a real party. But with all the traditional toppings such as mayo, chopped eggs, and even bacon, it can be a caloric and fat overload that isn't exactly waist-friendly.
So we've teamed up with Laura Cipullo, registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator, to put together some tips that will help make the next potato salad you make a little lighter while still retaining all the flavor.
Cipullo's approach with clients focuses on getting rid of the "diet mentality" and establishing a healthy relationship with food that places an emphasis on moderation while still including favorite foods — yes, even potato salad.
Back to Sensational Salads
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts