Make Your Own Chocolate Bars and Favors for Parties
Recipe of the day
Party favors often bring out gifts that have been used over and over. In recent years, favorite foods have been given as a reflection of the guest of honor or couple of honor. Here, Adeline Rem of CHOCbite gives us the lowdown on how to create customized chocolate bars, the ultimate party favor.
When we make our chocolate bars, we sing as we create these delightful bites. It’s the song and love in our hearts that makes every CHOCbite blissful.
People are always asking if they can make chocolate bars at home, and the answer is yes! Here is how you can make some wonderful chocolate bars, party favors, or even just conversation pieces using your own inspired chocolate creations.
• Heat up chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate) in a double-boiler or metal bowl over a pot of boiling water. Be sure to stir your chips constantly as they melt, and do not try microwaving them, as this can burn the chocolate.
• Once the chocolate is smooth, pour the chocolate into molds to your liking. You can purchase molds at many stores near you or order them online. I like Candyland Crafts because they have many mold options, from traditional bars to fruits and flowers.
• Be sure to only use plastic or silicone molds, or non-paper candy cups, as they need to be waxy to keep the cocoa butter from leaving the chocolate and adhering to the paper. A super creative and cost-effective solution is to use cookie cutters you already have, place on top of a baking sheet, and fill these for custom molds.
• After you pour the chocolate into the molds, gently tap the mold multiple times on the table to make sure all of the air bubbles are out.
• Apply the toppings of your choice (though they must all be dry toppings, not wet), such as marshmallows, peanuts, sea salt, pistachios, Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter chips, graham cracker bites, almonds, dried fruit, or anything you love in a bite of chocolate. Don’t be afraid to use salt and pepper, cayenne, crackers, and anything salty in your pantry!
• Place your molds into the fridge for about 45 minutes to set, then remove and allow the chocolate bites to get to room temperature before consuming or wrapping.
• Some fun ideas for party favors include wrapping your chocolate bites in parchment paper, tissue paper, or even cloth and tying with ribbon or string; displaying in mini-cupcake foils; or placing in colored paper cones.
Now enjoy your chocolate bites, CHOCbite style:
• Breathe and relax
• Look at your beautiful design; see it and smell it
• Place a piece on your tongue and let it melt in your mouth. Suck and chew while you inhale the love you sent while making this
• Feel the love in your soul and love it
— Adeline Rem, Conway Confidential
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts