- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Lucasfilm Signs on for Lightsaber Pocky
Recipe of the day
- StarKist Found Guilty of Underfilling Tuna Cans, Must Reimburse Customers in Free Tuna
- Salmonella Identified in Chocolate Bars Distributed to at Least 20 Countries
- Oscar Mayer Recalls More Than 2 Million Pounds of Turkey Bacon
- Trader Joe’s Recalls Dark Chocolate-Covered Graham Crackers Because of Unlisted Milk Ingredient
- Just Mayo, the Vegan Mayo Company, Is in Trouble with the FDA
Glico, the Japanese snack-maker behind Pocky candy sticks, among other treats, has teamed up with Lucasfilm to create the most obvious of Star Wars-theme snack foods: Lightsaber Pocky.
Candy-coated Pocky sticks already look a fair amount like mini lightsabers, and now they come in the right colors. According to Laughing Squid, the Lightsaber Pocky will be giant-sized, 8-inch-long Pocky sticks in three colors and flavors to match up with the Star Wars characters’ lightsabers. The green tea flavor is green like Yoda’s, the grape flavor is Luke’s, and strawberry is Darth Vader’s.
In addition to the lightsaber Pocky, the licensing deal also includes a line of seasoned rice and curry packets, like Darth Vader’s beef donburi and Yoda’s vegetables over rice. There’s also a “Dark Side-style” dish of rice that’s been blackened with squid ink, which is pretty ingenious.
The special Star Wars Pocky is being sold in Japan, but there are already sellers on eBay offering to send the Giant Pocky Lightsabers to buyers in the U.S. for just $11.49, including international shipping.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts