Lori Lange on 'The Recipe Girl Cookbook'
The popular blogger dishes on her first book
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
When Lori Lange decided to stop teaching and instead focus on being a stay-at-home mother in 2006, she did something novel: she started a cooking blog called Recipe Girl, detailing recipes for other mothers and home cooks who wanted advice. "I was the teacher that always brought food in... I was kind of looking for something to do, so friends suggested that I start a website," she says.
Now, there are more and more blogs for cooking but as one of the originals, Recipe Girl has remained one of the most popular. And so when Lange was approached about writing a book for her large fan base and potentially new readers, she accepted the challenge. "It was the next step and the right thing for me to do and for my readers," she says. She also wanted to make sure the content was new — though she has more than 2,600 recipes on her site, 80 percent of the recipes in the book are brand new.
To learn more about the book — and to see which recipes are favorites — watch the video above or pick up the book now!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts