Liquid Fruitcake: 12 Fruitcake-Flavored Cocktails
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Love it, hate it, love to hate it — you might call fruitcake the canned cranberry sauce of Christmas. An iconic symbol of the holiday more talked about than actually consumed (save a few loyal devotees), there's something about this loathesome loaf that just gets people going. It's like inviting someone to a party just to make fun of them.
So how to make the fruitcake cool? We say, use the one you were gifted as a doorstop, or feed it to your in-laws, and instead draw cocktail inspiration from its characteristic flavors. Pineapple, raisins, citrus, molasses, dark rum. There are so many possibilities. Or, even more advanced, whip up mixologist H. Joseph Ehrmann's Elixir Fruitcake cocktail.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts