Liquid Fruitcake: 12 Fruitcake-Flavored Cocktails
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Love it, hate it, love to hate it — you might call fruitcake the canned cranberry sauce of Christmas. An iconic symbol of the holiday more talked about than actually consumed (save a few loyal devotees), there's something about this loathesome loaf that just gets people going. It's like inviting someone to a party just to make fun of them.
So how to make the fruitcake cool? We say, use the one you were gifted as a doorstop, or feed it to your in-laws, and instead draw cocktail inspiration from its characteristic flavors. Pineapple, raisins, citrus, molasses, dark rum. There are so many possibilities. Or, even more advanced, whip up mixologist H. Joseph Ehrmann's Elixir Fruitcake cocktail.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts