What makes a great drink blog? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a useful set of tips. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• An in-depth account of this year's Oyster Wine Competition. [Cornichon]
• Dos Equis will be handing out free tacos for Cinco de Mayo via their Feast of the Brave food truck. [Off the Presses]
• Spotlight on the new disk coffee filter from Coava Coffee Roasters. [Shotzombies]
• Lauren Clark shares details about being included in this year's "beloved bartenders" issue of Improper Bostonian. [Drink Boston]
• Camper English bar hops through Barcelona while covering the Bacardi Legacy Global Cocktail Competition. [Alcademics]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.