What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• Inspiring tomato recipes to make the most of the season's bounty. [YumSugar]
• A lightened up recipe for cheesecake, featuring cottage cheese. [Guilty Kitchen]
• Try a fusion dish for dinner with this recipe for tagliatelle with prawns and Thai yellow curry. [Mongolian Kitchen]
• Tips and tricks for how to plan a dinner party menu. [YumSugar]
• Use up your excess seasonal zucchini by making zucchini waffles. [The Perfect Pantry]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.