- World Water Week begins
Learn How to Mail a Slice of Cake
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 11 Things You Didn’t Know About Whole Foods
- McDonald’s Continues to Underwhelm Once-Loyal Customers (But Still Has the Best Fries)
- Willy Wonka, Is That You? Scientists Invent Melt-Resistant Ice Cream
- Following Child Labor Criticisms, Kit Kat Plans for 100 Percent Sustainably-Sourced Cocoa by 2016
- Fold Your Pizza In Half? That Means You’re Driven: Study Says Pizza-Eating Style Reveals Personality
After hearing friends and family say time and time again, “I wish you could mail me a birthday cake,” Sandra Denneler of SheKnows.com got down to work. The result? This step-by-step tutorial instructing readers how to make greeting cards that look just like thick slices of birthday cake.
The recipe for this edible art project involves only five ingredients – a large sponge, spray paint, caulk, spray adhesive and heavy paper.
Cost of postage? $3 per slice. The recipients’ reactions as they open their mailbox to find a slice of cake waiting for them? Priceless.
The cake slice post cards aren’t the only food-related project tutorial on the website either. SheKnows also has ideas on how to make edible art projects like exploding cake pops, candy kebabs, and a brownie that looks like a steak filet.
For step-by-step instructions for making the greeting cards, visit the Living section of the SheKnows website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts