Learn How to Mail a Slice of Cake
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
After hearing friends and family say time and time again, “I wish you could mail me a birthday cake,” Sandra Denneler of SheKnows.com got down to work. The result? This step-by-step tutorial instructing readers how to make greeting cards that look just like thick slices of birthday cake.
The recipe for this edible art project involves only five ingredients – a large sponge, spray paint, caulk, spray adhesive and heavy paper.
Cost of postage? $3 per slice. The recipients’ reactions as they open their mailbox to find a slice of cake waiting for them? Priceless.
The cake slice post cards aren’t the only food-related project tutorial on the website either. SheKnows also has ideas on how to make edible art projects like exploding cake pops, candy kebabs, and a brownie that looks like a steak filet.
For step-by-step instructions for making the greeting cards, visit the Living section of the SheKnows website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts