Last Chance to Save Twinkies
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
Despite Wendy Williams' quest to save the Twinkies, we had long since given up on keeping the classic treat alive. Still, it seems that Hostess, which filed for bankruptcy at the beginning of this year, is holding on.
New York Post reports that Hostess' creditors are working with the Teamsters union to figure out a deal to keep the company from shutting down.
The current deal, which has yet to be voted on, calls for a 5 percent wage cut for the first year for all workers, along with health care cuts and lower pension contributions.
Furthermore, Hostess would sell smaller brands, like Merita Bread.
However, the company would keep most of the multi-employer pension plans, which is good news for the union, and they would still get to actually have a job. So, no real news; the Twinkies' existence is still in limbo, Hostess is still working hard, and future Wall-E's cockroaches are still safe. As you were.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts