Kitchen Toolbox: Summer Seafood Essentials
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Summer and seafood go hand-in-hand. Whether you're boiling, steaming, grilling, or broiling, there are certain tools that will keep any seafood lover covered all season long. The trick to cooking many seafood items at home is to have the tools you'll need to deal with the shells. Crackers and mallets are instrumental for cracking open fresh crabs and lobsters, while a sturdy shucking knife is a must-have for oysters and scallops.
Making use of basic kitchen tools, such as skewers and kitchen shears can also come in handy while cooking seafood. For instance, securing smaller seafoods such as scallops and shrimp on skewers is a great way to ensure that they wont fall through the grates while grilling. For more useful tools, check out the slideshow below to make sure you're fully equipped to eat your seafood with ease this summer.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts