- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
KFC Rolls Out Cheese-Topped Donuts in Indonesia
Recipe of the day
- What Do People Taste Like? Murderers, Explorers, and Other Cannibals Weigh In
- Pizza Hut Will Give Away Free Pizza on ESPN’s ‘College GameDay’
- Taco Bell Is Testing a Dollar Breakfast Menu in California
- Dunkin’ Donuts Korea Made a ‘Reggae’ Doughnut with an Afro
- Burger King Is Making a Peace Day Burger with Anyone Who Wants to Collaborate
We all love cheese, but what about cheese on a donut? According to Huffington Post, Indonesia’s KFC has introduced cheese donuts.
To create the treat, they took a standard glazed donut and topped it with a mixture of shredded Cheddar and Swiss. This breakfast item is paired with a hazelnut coffee in KFC’s advertisement. Sound appetizing? They call it “delicious.” We are curious to see how successful the cheese donut becomes.
The donut joins other strange donuts around the world, as compiled by BuzzFeed, such as the pork floss from China, melon from Taiwan, and red bean from Indonesia.
Unlike America, Indonesia’s KFC has a breakfast menu. Similar to Dunkin’ Donuts, the menu has coffee, muffins, cinnamon or chocolate donuts, a molten cake, and now a cheese donut.
This isn’t the first time that an international KFC has rolled out an unusual item. The KFC in the Philippines did a “cheezy bazon festival," according to Consumerist. They added cheese and bacon to pasta, rice, French fries, and mashed potatoes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts