Kale Pesto Recipe
Daily Value: 28%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Sugar-Conscious
|Folic Acid (B9)||18µg||4%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||41g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||9g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
A healthy, kale pesto that works well over pasta or thin strips of yuba.
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 sheets or 12 ounces yuba, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Blanch the kale and 2 cloves of the garlic in salted boiling water, 3 minutes. Drain.
Transfer to a food processor and purée with the remaining garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Toss pesto with yuba strips and top with the pine nuts.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Special Designations: Low-fat, Vegetarian, Healthy