- Alton Brown born (1962)
Joe the Art of Coffee Opening in Philadelphia
Recipe of the day
- Utah Woman Is Suing Starbucks, Claims She Was Given Cleaning Solution Instead of Coffee
- Grab 2 Cold Ones: Starbucks’ Treat Receipt Program Is Back
- 8 Ways Tea Can Help You From Head to Toe
- Starbucks Responds to Guy Who Was Banned From Starbucks for Life
- Starbucks Has Its Best Quarter Ever: Profits Have Jumped 22 Percent
The newest addition to the Joe family will be located on the northern side of Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia; according to a release, the interior of the shop was designed by Street Sense Architects and has a farmhouse table, café tables, and a standing espresso bar. And, of course, Joe will offer drip coffee and espresso beverages using a selection of their own Joe beans (roasted in New York City), and Intelligentsia Black Cat beans for espresso.
Jonathan Rubinstein, our go-to man for espresso and lattes, explained to Eater that he's always wanted to open a store in Philadelphia. "Anyone in the business knows how strong Philly's coffee scene is," Rubinstein told Eater. "It's smaller in scale, but I think the best shops in Philly are at least as good as what we have in New York City, if not better." Judging by all the new coffee shops in Philly, we can see why.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts