Joe the Art of Coffee Opening in Philadelphia
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
The newest addition to the Joe family will be located on the northern side of Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia; according to a release, the interior of the shop was designed by Street Sense Architects and has a farmhouse table, café tables, and a standing espresso bar. And, of course, Joe will offer drip coffee and espresso beverages using a selection of their own Joe beans (roasted in New York City), and Intelligentsia Black Cat beans for espresso.
Jonathan Rubinstein, our go-to man for espresso and lattes, explained to Eater that he's always wanted to open a store in Philadelphia. "Anyone in the business knows how strong Philly's coffee scene is," Rubinstein told Eater. "It's smaller in scale, but I think the best shops in Philly are at least as good as what we have in New York City, if not better." Judging by all the new coffee shops in Philly, we can see why.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts