Jimmy Kimmel Takes Parents to Grimaldi’s
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
The Daily News reports that an impending hurricane was no threat to ex-Man Show and current late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, who set his sights on Brooklyn’s famous Grimaldi’s Pizzeria after landing in New York in preparation for a series of broadcasts from the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) this week. The pizzeria, with its coal-fired ovens and rich history, has been the source of its fair share of gossip, with former owner Patsy Grimaldi opening his new pizzeria Juliana’s in the original space that Grimaldi’s Pizzeria occupied for years (it was ousted last year due to a landlord dispute).
Even though Grimaldi’s is in the Frankenstorm evacuation zone, owner Frank Ciolli stayed open so that the Brooklyn-born Kimmel could throw a 67th birthday party for his father, Jimmy Kimmel Sr. As for those BAM shows, Kimmel claims that he and his team will play it by ear. Hopefully things go according to plan, because this week’s special guests include fellow late-night compatriots Stephen Colbert and David Letterman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts