- Todd English born (1960)
Jimmy Kimmel Takes Parents to Grimaldi’s
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
The Daily News reports that an impending hurricane was no threat to ex-Man Show and current late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, who set his sights on Brooklyn’s famous Grimaldi’s Pizzeria after landing in New York in preparation for a series of broadcasts from the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) this week. The pizzeria, with its coal-fired ovens and rich history, has been the source of its fair share of gossip, with former owner Patsy Grimaldi opening his new pizzeria Juliana’s in the original space that Grimaldi’s Pizzeria occupied for years (it was ousted last year due to a landlord dispute).
Even though Grimaldi’s is in the Frankenstorm evacuation zone, owner Frank Ciolli stayed open so that the Brooklyn-born Kimmel could throw a 67th birthday party for his father, Jimmy Kimmel Sr. As for those BAM shows, Kimmel claims that he and his team will play it by ear. Hopefully things go according to plan, because this week’s special guests include fellow late-night compatriots Stephen Colbert and David Letterman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts