- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Jimmy Kimmel Takes Parents to Grimaldi’s
Recipe of the day
- Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
The Daily News reports that an impending hurricane was no threat to ex-Man Show and current late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, who set his sights on Brooklyn’s famous Grimaldi’s Pizzeria after landing in New York in preparation for a series of broadcasts from the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) this week. The pizzeria, with its coal-fired ovens and rich history, has been the source of its fair share of gossip, with former owner Patsy Grimaldi opening his new pizzeria Juliana’s in the original space that Grimaldi’s Pizzeria occupied for years (it was ousted last year due to a landlord dispute).
Even though Grimaldi’s is in the Frankenstorm evacuation zone, owner Frank Ciolli stayed open so that the Brooklyn-born Kimmel could throw a 67th birthday party for his father, Jimmy Kimmel Sr. As for those BAM shows, Kimmel claims that he and his team will play it by ear. Hopefully things go according to plan, because this week’s special guests include fellow late-night compatriots Stephen Colbert and David Letterman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts