- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Jeff McInnis on Yardbird
The Miami chef discusses his Southern restaurant
Recipe of the day
- Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
No one in their right mind would consider Miami the South, but Northern Florida-raised and Charleston-trained chef Jeff McInnis felt he needed to bring Southern cooking to the continental United States' southernmost state.
The result is Yardbird, and it has recieved a lot of accolades since it opened last year. Most of the meals are served family-style and the bar is also Southern-influenced, with the majority of drinks made with bourbon. McInnis admits that the concept and execution is little different for the area: "It's a simple concept, but it's not your typical Miami concept... We wanted to bring some real good Southern food to Miami and I don't think it's been done too successfully before," he says.
He recommends classics like the fried chicken and feels that the menu is full of "basic, good, solid Southern food."
For more on the restaurant, the Miami produce and McInnis' biscuits check out the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts