Japan Airlines Serves KFC
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
Passengers traveling on some Japan Airlines’ flights from Japan to the U.S. and Europe are getting a fast-food flavor fix in-flight, Kentucky Fried Chicken. For the seventh year, Japan Airlines is bringing back its popular Air Kentucky Fried Chicken meals in premium economy and economy from December until Feb. 28, 2013.
Presented in a pale blue box emblazoned with KFC’s Colonial Sanders and a JAL aircraft, the meals include KFC’s Original Recipe two-piece chicken meal (one drumstick and one boneless chicken breast fillet), a piece of flatbread made especially for AIR KENTUCKY, coleslaw, and lettuce leaves. Customers can use the lettuce, flatbread, chicken fillet, and special mayonnaise to create a sandwich.
The Air Kentucky Fried Chicken meals are served on flights from Narita Airport in Tokyo to New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Diego, London, Paris, and Frankfurt. Now that sounds like a finger-lickin’ good in-flight meal.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts