'I Poured Turkey Drippings Into Soap' and More Thanksgiving Horror Stories
Chefs such as Johnny Iuzzini and Amanda Cohen share their Thanksgiving horror stories
Today on The Daily Meal
- 'Turkey Makes You Sleepy' and More Thanksgiving Myths
- Weekly Recipe Review: Nantucket Bay Scallops and Figs; White Castle's Turkey Stuffing; and More
- Weekly Recipe Review: Jamie Oliver's Turkey Ham Pie; Holiday Cookies; and More
- Thanksgiving Without Turkey? Meaty Turkey Alternatives for Thanksgiving Dinner
- René Redzepi: 'I Don't Consider Noma to be the Best'
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Everyone has that story of the turkey coming out too dry, or grandma forgetting to defrost it beforehand. Even chefs. [slideshow:
We surveyed a good number of chefs to ask their Thanksgiving horror story, and while plenty had instances of Thanksgiving gone wrong, some were prepping for their first time hosting Thanksgiving ever. Donatella Arpaia plans to take over Thanksgiving this year, because of the birth of her baby. "I’ve always gone to my mother’s house. This is the first year I'm taking over," Arpaia told us. "Everyone has enlisted me to do Thanksgiving and Christmas. So to do a sit-down dinner for 25 people and it’s an Italian family, and they’re very opinionated, we’ll see what happens."
And while some Thanksgiving horror stories might be tame, it helps to know that even chefs are human. Click on through our slideshow to hear some worst-Thanksgiving-ever stories from Michael Mina, Richard Blais, and more.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts