How to Tailgate — New Orleans Style
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
In 1996, Joe Cahn sold the New Orleans School of Cooking, bought a motor home, and hit the road to explore more than 500 tailgating parties across the United States.
And with this year’s Super Bowl to be held in New Orleans Feb. 3, who better to sound off on how to tailgate, NOLA-style, than the self-proclaimed "Commissioner of Tailgating"?
"Football gets people of all backgrounds together," says Cahn, who also maintains the tailgating website, www.tailgating.com. "It’s the new American social."
Follow these tips to score the perfect New Orleans-style tailgating party this Super Bowl. To get more tips on the Super Bowl, head to The Daily Meal's Road to Super Bowl XLVII.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts