How to Create an Elegant Spring Table
The author and Top Chef favorite discusses her family-friendly recipes
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Many elements of spring can be very elegant, especially certain flowers and soft pastel colors that can make for nice soft designs on your spring table.
Lush flowers like peonies are perfect to stand alone, but buds like tulips and garden roses are great when paired with succulents and greens.
Adding these seasonal blooms will create an easy palette and your table will come to life in no time.
• Egg Vases: Fill ceramic egg cups with small flower arrangements.
• Tiered Flower Centerpiece: Use a tiered cake stand or cupcake display and fill each layer with various types and colors of flowers for a beautiful, towering display on your table.
• Floating Flowers and Candles: In a clear glass bowl, fill with water and float flowers and votive candles.
• Flower Ice Cubes: Freeze edible flowers in ice cubes to make a beautiful addition to your water or drinks. You can also do this with fresh berries like blueberries or raspberries.
For more on spring, check out our guide to the season here.
Jennifer Barnum is author for Maine Cottage Furniture, and she enjoys writing about home decorating tips and ideas.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts