- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
Holiday Party: The Ugly Christmas Sweater
Recipe of the day
- Remember the Catalina Wine Mixer from Step Brothers? It Actually Happened This Weekend
- Kensington Palace Recreates 300-Year-Old Ice Cream Recipe From the Georgian Era
- Birthday Party Ideas for Kids Who Love the Kitchen
- 9 Tips for the Perfect Picnic
- These Parents Threw a $38,500 Disney-Themed Birthday Party for Their 3-Year-Old Daughter
Think back to grade school, when your mom outfitted you in those terrible cotton holiday sweaters, complete with glittered yarn, bells, mini presents, and more. While sweaters like this may have no daily function in your closet, there is one time of year when they are de rigueur: The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.
This party is simple to host, and lots of fun for all. Set up an area where people can pose for photos, as you will most certainly want to document this on film. You can up the ante by having each guest vote for the “best” sweater — just no voting for your own.
Attire: Your tackiest or ugliest Christmas sweater.
Drink: Offer a make-your-own beer cocktail bar, where people can mix and match booze and beer to create their own crazy cocktail. For something festive, serve inexpensive bubbly topped with a splash of cranberry juice, and a floating cranberry garnish.
Activity: Set-up a wintery backdrop and camera on a tripod as a “photo booth” where people can pose for memory-making photographs. Decorate your own gingerbread men and women with ugly Christmas sweaters.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts