Have a Picnic Date at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Get your binoculars ready! The annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic has arrived. On Saturday, June 2, at New Jersey’s Liberty State Park, the summer’s unique and truly chic social event will take place and The Daily Meal is here to get you ready.
Veuve Clicquot began its long association with polo in England with the Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup and now it's in the United States with the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. This new tradition began in New York City in 2008, marking the return of polo to Governors Island after nearly 70 years.
With picnic season officially underway, there is no better way to celebrate the Polo Classic than with a luxe basket filled with all the goods to make an afternoon of polo-watching even better. Don’t fret about packing a basket yourself — there’s a premade one appropriately fit for this occasion. These custom picnic baskets retail for $130 and are filled with fare selected by Silkstone, the creative events agency founded by New Yorkers Ben Towill and Phil Winser (they're the duo behind The Fat Radish and Ruschmeyer’s).
The baskets are available for the Polo Classic and can be only be purchased by pre-ordering before the event. After ordering, guests may pick up their baskets at the event. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy an afternoon of good food, great drinks, and a unique experience.
Here are the details on what each luxury picnic basket includes:
• Two Luscombe Elderflower drinks
• Artisanal meat and cheese platter
• Sandwich sampler
– Roast beef, celery root remoulade, and watercress
– Thick-cut hickory-smoked ham, Gruyère, caramelized onions, and cornichon butter
– Egg mayonnaise with truffled green beans
– Layered eggplant, zucchini, and tomato jam
• Summer bean salad with salsa verde
• Kale Caesar salad, anchovy, bacon, egg
• Punnet of fresh strawberries
• Apple pie
• Two bags of North Fork potato chips
For tickets, baskets, and more information head here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts