Guy Fieri Responds to Restaurant Critics
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Sure, Guy Fieri's new Times Square restaurant has been the butt of many jokes (on SNL, online, in print), but CBS is letting Fieri talk back.
In five-minute feature about the celebrity chef, Fieri talks about his restaurant, upbringing, and the history of his food businesses. But the tough question? "Someone came to the restaurant and said they wouldn't serve the food to their cat, how did that make you feel?" Norah O'Donnell asked, referencing the Post's review from Steve Cuozzo.
"Well, he must not like the cat very much," Fieri said. "I know what I make, I know how I cook... you can't have eight restaurants and be doing it wrong. Or that wrong."
Watch the full feature below, especially as O'Donnell talks about Fieri's "hippie" upbringing with tofu dinners and his entrepreneurship at 10 years old. Sadly, she did not ask the question on everyone's mind: What does Fieri think of Anthony Bourdain?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts