- Alton Brown born (1962)
Guy Fieri Responds to Restaurant Critics
Recipe of the day
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
- A Chat with New York Restaurant Entrepreneur Abraham Merchant
- Thomas Keller on the Simplicity of Good Hospitality and What Young Cooks Must Have to Succeed
- The Best Young Culinary Minds: Zagat’s 30 Under 30 List Is Released
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 2
Sure, Guy Fieri's new Times Square restaurant has been the butt of many jokes (on SNL, online, in print), but CBS is letting Fieri talk back.
In five-minute feature about the celebrity chef, Fieri talks about his restaurant, upbringing, and the history of his food businesses. But the tough question? "Someone came to the restaurant and said they wouldn't serve the food to their cat, how did that make you feel?" Norah O'Donnell asked, referencing the Post's review from Steve Cuozzo.
"Well, he must not like the cat very much," Fieri said. "I know what I make, I know how I cook... you can't have eight restaurants and be doing it wrong. Or that wrong."
Watch the full feature below, especially as O'Donnell talks about Fieri's "hippie" upbringing with tofu dinners and his entrepreneurship at 10 years old. Sadly, she did not ask the question on everyone's mind: What does Fieri think of Anthony Bourdain?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts