Guy Fieri Reportedly Gets Paid $100,000 an Hour
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Top Chefs Review — and Rate — America's Food Critics
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
Starving writers everywhere can start crying: The Smoking Gun pulled up some Guy Fieri contracts and discovered that noted Bourdain-antithesis and the man who is starting a "kewl" trend is getting paid $100,000 for 60-minute speaking appearances.
According to the document, one 60-minute speaking session at the New York State Fair in Syracuse got Fieri $101,500 in compensation. Only $1,500 of that was paid to Fieri's company Knuckle Sandwich LLC to cover travel costs.
As The Smoking Gun notes, TLC's Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro gets paid $65,000 for his speaking gigs. We wonder how much Paula Deen gets paid, considering she's higher up on The Daily Meal's list of most successful chefs than Fieri.
Meanwhile, Eater pulled up the very video of Fieri's speaking session at the state fair. Check out what Fieri does for $100,000 an hour below, then fume over your career choice, your lack of catchphrases, and your refusal to spell words like a teenager.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts